Improving customer service for prospective borrowers
As COVID-19 brought rapid disruption to every corner of the U.S. economy, banks were confronted with two issues: managing existing operations with reduced / remote staff while also preparing for a spike in PPP loan activity.
With Encapture, this national bank was able to overcome many operational challenges and support a high level of service throughout the crisis, resulting in a substantial influx of new customers.
They deployed two Encapture products — Requests and the Desktop capture app — to automate the loan origination process and reconfigure its staffing footprint in a matter of days. Encapture allowed branch and remote employees to easily receive, manage, and approve incoming documents from prospective borrowers.
By automating the document capture process, they were able to empower their employees to provide efficient, high-quality customer service during a time of great need and uncertainty. Ultimately, the bank’s executives believe their performance during the crisis enhanced their reputation in local communities and won them thousands of new banking customers.
Product Spotlight: Requests
- Request documents from customers in a secure, easy, online portal
- Give customers and employees full visibility into the status of documents and what’s missing
- Remove the need for employees to spend time tracking down documents
- Eliminate miscommunication between front
and back-office operations
Why use Requests?
- Centralized portal between you and your customers
- Increase transparency
- Improve employee morale
- Maintain an existing system and process
- Easily scale-able
- Drastically improves customer service